The Center for Culinary Arts, Manila (CCA, Manila), the country’s premier culinary institution, shares its passion for cooking with children as it cooks up with another enriching summer learning activity in this year’s Young Chefs Boot Camp (YCBC) workshop series.
Open to budding culinary enthusiasts 7 to 16 years old, the CCA YCBC is aimed at honing the cooking skills of participants while encouraging them to explore their own kitchen creativity as well as expand their culinary palates. Composed of basic and semi-advanced hands-on cooking classes, each course consists of five (5) sessions that features different recipes and culinary techniques that are appropriately tailored for the age and level of participants. Classes are to be held from Mondays to Fridays, 1 P.M. to 5 P.M. at the CCA main campus in Katipunan and at CCA Podium in Ortigas.
In this fun, five-day workshop series, kids, tweens, and teens will learn and master essential kitchen fundamentals like knife skills, new cooking techniques, kitchen safety, ingredients, sanitation and a lot more as they work alongside trusted CCA chef-instructors.
* BEGINNERS : let them discover the joy in cooking their favorite dishes for the whole family through the Little Chef I course (April 25-29, CCA Katipunan).
* INTERMEDIATE : enhance their kitchen skills a notch higher with Little Chef II (April 4-8 and May 2 to 6 at CCA Katipunan).
* YOUNG COOKS : My Ultimate Comfort Food course (April 11-15, May 16-20 at CCA Katipunan and May 16-20 at CCA Podium).
* TWEENS : Baking 101 (April 18-22, May 23-27 at CCA Katipunan and April 25-29 at CCA Podium).
* TEENS : Junior Culinary & Baking Essentials (April 11-15, CCA Podium).
Additional courses :
* Summer Grilling & BBQ (April 4-8, May 2-6 at CCA Katipunan and May 23-27 at CCA Podium)
* Pizza & Pasta (April 11-15 CCA at Katipunan and May 18-22 at CCA Podium).
* Cooking My Way Through Asia (April 18-22 at CCA Katipunan and May 2-6 at CCA Podium).
* Junior Pinoy Master Chef course (April 25-29 and May 3-7 at CCA Katipunan).
The fee covers the student’s essential classroom items like disposable kitchen uniforms, recipe manuals, handouts, ingredients and tools. Certificates will be awarded to successful bootcampers via a mini graduation upon completion of the program.
Application is ongoing. For inquiries, contact 696-9083 (CCA Podium) and CCA, Manila Katipunan at 218-8566, or e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also register online at cca-manila.edu.ph/ycbc2016/ or personally visit the CCA, Manila main campus located at 287 Katipunan Ave., Loyola Heights, QC.