Everybody loves the Christmas season! However, this season usually means calorie-laden food, high level of cholesterol, and unwanted weight gain! Let Jolly Heart Mate Canola Oil inspire you see the helpful benefits of good fats and guide you to smarter grocery shopping.
Incorporating Good Fats into your Christmas Dishes:
Below is your guide to a heart-healthy Christmas feast:
- Choose recipes that have high amounts of good fats, the polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats like Lemon Cilantro Salmon with Mango Avocado Salsa or the Baked Chicken and Spinach Rollups.
- Use only ingredients which are low in bad fat (saturated fats) and high in good fats such as Jolly Heart Mate Canola Oil which has the lowest saturated fat among all types of cooking oil. It is also rich in essential fatty acids such as omega 3 & 6 which are important for brain development, immune system function, and blood pressure regulation.
- Load up on avocados, nuts, and salmon to minimize bad cholesterol levels and to help reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Lessen your consumption of food with high saturated fats (lechon) which could lead to high cholesterol levels, increasing your risk of developing heart disease.
As Fly Ace Corporation’s Group Category Manager for Edible Oils Zen Prudentino puts it, “It is wise to read the labels and understand your ingredients. Jolly Heart Mate Canola Oil is the number one canola oil brand in the Philippine market, it is 100% pure, lowest in bad fats and gives the best value for money with its perfect combination of quality and affordability.”
Lemon Cilantro Salmon with Mango Avocado Salsa
For the Salmon
- 2 center-cut salmon fillets (6 oz. each)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilanto
- 2 tablespoons Jolly Heart Mate Canola Oil
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt, to taste
For the Salsa
- 1 medium red onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 pcs medium tomatoes
- 2 firm-ripe avocados
- 1-piece ripe mango
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, or to taste
- Place the salmon fillets in a shallow bowl. Toss well with lemon juice, cilantro, Jolly Heart Mate Canola Oil, salt and pepper. Let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Cook the salmon, skin side down in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes, shaking the pan and carefully lifting the salmon with a spatula to loosen it from the pan.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Cover the pan and cook until the salmon is cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes more. The skin should be crisp and the flesh medium rare.
- To make the salsa: Finely chop onion and mince garlic. In a bowl toss onion and garlic with cilantro.
- Chop tomatoes and mango, add to onion mixture, tossing to combine.
- Peel and pit avocados and cut into 3/4-inch pieces. Add avocados, lime juice, and pepper to taste.
Fly Ace Corporation is one of the leading food and beverage consumer goods companies in the country today. Propelling limitless multiple-category growth by bringing the best of the world closer to Filipino consumers, Fly Ace Corporation’s portfolio of food and beverage products includes house brands and exclusively distributed brands. To learn more about Fly Ace, visit www.flyacecorp.com
Jolly Heart Mate Canola Oil is the No. 1 canola oil in the Philippines according to Nielsen Retail Index 2015-2016. It is one of the house brands produced by Fly Ace Corporation and is available in leading supermarkets nationwide. To know more about Jolly Heart Mate Canola Oil, like our page on facebook.www.facebook.com/JollyHeartMateCanolaOil